A few weeks ago I got a friend request on facebook from the director of Music Man. She said they missed us, and I said we missed them, can't wait to do another show, just waiting for timing and money to work out. She then told me they were doing Seussical the Musical, and needed a Cindy Lou Who and were wondering if Megan would do it. I told Adam who quickly responded, "She HAS to do it! She would be perfect!"
That is just about how fast it all happened. And now. . . our lives are once again revolving around play rehearsal and Seussical songs. It is fun, but I forgot how time consuming it is! I always forget, that is why I have done so many shows in my life time.
This show has a few added bonuses:
1. Lucy. She is a hunter, and a who and doing a fantastic job. She is typically very shy and I think this show will be very good for her. I am already seeing her express herself more!
2. Carlie. My, oh, my. If her energy could be controlled she would be an amazing addition to the show. However, she has some difficulty sharing the stage. Like, any time someone else is the center of attention she runs in front of them, usually yelling and spinning in circles. Rehearsals with Carlie are. . . eventful.
3. Samuel. He is a natural. The director has been eyeing him and making all sorts of comments about him being on stage-- and I don't think she's kidding. He is a dream, doesn't make a peep just an adorable bundle of cuteness. We'll see if that works out!
4. Adam. No, he is not in the show, he is out 2 or 3 nights a week doing his calling, or studying, or doing homework. Which is why I get to bring Carlie and Samuel with me. And he's going to be running a stake campout for opening night.
During rehearsals we occassionally get to take a break for a quick soccer game. Oh, how I wish I was joking about this. Last Saturday I had all 4 kids at rehearsal starting at 9 am. We stayed until 12, went strait home, grabbed a snack (I left the kids in the car, that's how fast it was), ran to Lucy's game, played, then strait back to rehearsal until 5 pm.
And they won their game! Adam is coaching and Lucy has her cousin Ella, and two of her best friends on the team. She is loving it!
Dressed up as Minnie Mouse for Disney Day at school. I love her two adoring sisters looking on in the background. So cute!
And this one:
Can't seem to stop smiling! Or wiggling! Or climbing! Or crawling!
WARNING: He is even cuter in person. If you come for a visit, you may be tempted to grab him and run. Trust me, it's happened before. But if you ask nicely, I will let you take him for a small amount of time because I am a very busy lady.
Come see Seussical! Opens March 23rd!
Seuss, Seuss, Seuss, Seuss-- SEEEEUUUUUSSSSSS!!!
1 comment:
Wow, Samuel has changed a lot. I would definitively steal him from you for a few minutes.
We will buy our plane tickets soon to come see those pretty nieces of ours in Suessical :)
Post a Comment