Thursday, February 16, 2012

the rapunzel party

I'll be honest, I was a little nervous for Meg to turn 5.  I cannot even tell you what a sweetheart she is, and I was nervous that that would change with being 5.  And sadly, it has a little.  But her inner character is still the sweet little girl we have come to love!  

Rapunzel was her party of choice this year, so of course she needed Rapunzel hair too.  


 We decided to play "Pin the nose on Flynn Rider", and no I didn't draw this, I talked a friend into doing it and then traced her awesome job!
 Our little princess wanted a dinner party with all her favorites, crackers, cheese and pickles.  We also had "Hazelnut Soup" which was of course, Chicken Noodle Soup.
 I found this idea for a tower cake, and let me tell you, by far the easiest cake I've done.  Especially since Adam usually does the cake.  
 Little jello cups with boats, just like in Tangled.  
 Playing the game.


 Meg's ended up on the wrong wall completely!  Cute girl!  
Our little performer brings so much life and imagination to our little family!  I sure do love her!  She has decided to do another show, "Suessical the Musical" and she will be Cindy Lou Who.  Perfect, right?  One of my favorite things about Meg is the way she reacts to stress.  When she sees me getting stressed, she gets to work.  She starts unloading the dishwasher, or makes the beds (everyone's!) or folding laundry.  After one particularly stressful day where she had really gone above and beyond, I went in to give her a special thank you before bed time.  I gave her a hug and really sincerely told her how much I appreciated her help and the sweet girl that she is.  She started to cry, and I asked her what was wrong.  She said, "Oh Mom, I just love you so much, it makes me cry!"  Which, of course, made me cry too!  She is truly a special spirit, and what I job I have with this sweet girl.  I feel pretty lucky!

LOVE YOU MEGAN!

3 comments:

etreiersen said...

Happy 5th Birthday Megan! I wish we could have been there to celebrate with her. She is so pretty and sounds like such a little sweetheart. Can't wait to see you guys this summer!

Julie Jardine said...

Oh my toes, that is the cutest party! What a lucky girl to have a momma that would go to so much trouble and put together such an amazing day. Looks super fun! She is a great girl!

Julie Jardine said...

I love the hair!!!