Myth #1: Boys are easier than girls.
Truth: Not easier, but definitely different. Also, I am willing to admit that I really don't know yet, since this boy is still pretty new, and my girls aren't in their "emotional" years yet.
Myth #2: Binkies, bottles and nursing will cause confusion.
Truth: This baby nurses, takes two different binkies (depending on his mood), takes a bottle, and loves his fingers. Pretty much, he doesn't like his mouth to be empty. That's when he gets confused.
Myth #3: Girls are more fun to dress than boys.
Truth: I'll admit, I have to stop myself from putting something in his hair, but I can't believe how much fun I've had dressing him in little masculine outfits, sports themes, baby slacks, cute little shoes, and hats! It's too much fun!
Myth #4: Double chins are unattractive.
Truth: Is that not the cutest double chin you've ever seen? I don't want it to go away! (Does this remind anyone else of Monty Burns? "egggcellent. . . ")
Myth #5: Babies only smile when they're gassy.
Truth: Okay, maybe that's true. This smile looks a little mischievous don't you think?
I'm beginning to embrace his random schedule. For example, the last two nights he has woken up at 1:30, then wouldn't go back to sleep until 4:00, then took 5, 20 minute naps throughout the day. That stinks. Then last night he slept for 10 hours, woke up, ate, and has now been sleeping for another 2 1/2 hours. Every day is a new adventure, with no advanced notice on if a nap will be included or not.
Fun stuff.
3 comments:
He's changed so much since the last time we visited. Guess it's time to visit again!
I now tell other moms, new or with a child or two, that the ONE thing I have learned is that you NEVER know what to expect with your newest little one... You are a wonderful example of a mother who is tired, overwelmed and just trying to get by day to day. Not only do you admit where you struggle, but you share the numerous joys that you find between the difficulties. THAT is what makes having kids worth it! Thank you for being that light in this way too selfish and negative world!
Heather (Boyle)
LOVE that last pic... how adorable, haha!
Post a Comment