September 4th, 2011 Adam gave our little man a name and a blessing.
In our church we do not baptize our children as babies, but instead they are given a name and a blessing. Usually by their father, or someone close to them who holds the priesthood.
Our little bundle was named Samuel Elijah. Samuel, after the boy prophet who answered "Here I am" when called by God. And Elijah, the prophet who held and later restored the sealing powers of the priesthood to the earth.
The other seminary teachers found it coincedental that they are teaching Old Testament this year.
It was a great day. We started with brunch at the house and had lots of family and friends join us. Little man slept most of the time, and then he was passed around to many loved ones.
Believe it or not, this is actually the first blessing outfit I have purchased. And his chubby little neck made it impossible to button the top. I kind of liked that.
Almost all of Adam's family was able to make it. We loved having them all here.
All the Jardine cousins in one place!
During his blessing my testimony was once again strengthened of tender mercies. I love this little man! But there was a worry in my heart about him. One that scared me, so much that I didn't even want to say it out loud. I didn't tell anyone, not even Adam about this worry. During the blessing Adam gave Samuel a particular blessing that eased my worry, a promise that what I had been concerned about would not happen. He later told me that he was confused as to why he felt impressed to say that. I told him that that part was for me. Adam didn't know, no one did, except my Heavenly Father. I know He put that impression into Adam's mind to ease my worry. What a loving Heavenly Father we have. What a blessing these sweet children are!
2 comments:
I so wish that we could have been there with you guys on Samuel's special day. He looks adorable in his blessing outfit.
Isn't it a comfort to know that the Lord is aware of us and our needs :)
What a wonderful Story. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment