Wednesday, October 19, 2011

oobers of cuteness



Samuel. . . it's a good thing he is so stinking cute. Because the rest of him is a mystery to me. Seriously, I thought after 3 kids I would have this down, but I don't. This kid baffles me.





Some days he takes 3 or 4 naps. Other days I can't get him to sleep longer than 10 minutes. Some days he spits up after every feeding. Other days, not at all. Some days he LOVES the bath. Other days he screams when he hits the water. Some days the Zantac works, other days it seems to have no effect. Some days he is all smiles, other days he spends crying. All. Day. Long.






I do love having a boy, but whoever said boys were easier was clearly not talking about my boy.

What do I LOVE about Samuel? I'm glad you asked! I LOVE his little smile! It is the cutest ever! Seriously! I love that he stops crying every time I hold him. Well, I love and hate that, depending on how much I need to get done. I love that he giggles when I talk to him. I love dressing him in all his cute little masculine clothes! And all his brand new clothes, that has been so fun. I love how much he looks like Adam. I love his one dimple and his double chin! I love that he won't take a bottle. I love that he smiles more for Adam than anyone else. I love that how he splashes and kicks in the bathtub. I love his chubby legs and roly tummy. I love how he looks in brown and blue. And I love, love, LOVE the attention he gets from his three sisters.

Yes, there have been tears, but overall. . . we've got a pretty good thing going on over here.

3 comments:

etreiersen said...

I'm sorry Samuel is a difficult baby for you. He sure is a cutie. I love how chubby he is.

If it makes you feel any better my mom has raised 7 kids still has 3 at home and still says she doesn't always know what to do.

Parenting is the hardest job no matter how many or how few of children you have. Being a mom is and also the most rewarding job :)

etreiersen said...

Have you seen this video?

http://lds.org/study/prophets-speak-today/unto-all-the-world/women-of-church-have-great-influence?lang=eng

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Ha Ha. Boys are easier? Maybe in their teens, but not at babies and toddlers. I don't have a girl to compare, but I watch mother's of girls and their "my child is so much more behaved than yours" attitudes and I think....YOU just wait til you have a BOY! We love them so much though. Boys are so spirited.