- He is a very picky sleeper. He will fuss, I will hold him, he will fall asleep. I put him down, and within minutes is crying again and the process starts all over. This usually continues for about an hour until he finally goes down for a real 2-3 hour nap.
- He is a good eater. Struggles a little with formula, but luckily we haven't had to give him much.
- Almost 12 pounds! At 8 weeks! He's a big boy!
- He has his daddy's eyes, mommy's nose, and the hairline of a 40 year old.
- He has more hair than the girls' ever had at this age.
- He likes both the Nuk binkies and the Soothies. Our first baby to enjoy both!
- He may have reflux, or he may have a milk allergy. I still don't know. He is very confusing. I'm off dairy completely (or doing my best--who knew sour cream and onion potato chips and ranch doritos had actual milk in them?) and sometimes he seems to be better, sometimes not.
- He is a generally fussy baby. Unless he is sleeping or eating, he is generally crying. But at least he will sleep!
- When he does sleep, he sleeps best on his tummy.
- He can sleep through a lot of noise, and excellent quality in the 4th child.
- He smiled for the first time a few days ago. And it was a rough day. I deserved a smile.
- So far, only one dimple on his left side has been spotted.
- He is very social. If he is awake, and no one is talking to him, he is not happy. But if someone starts talking to him he will sometimes calm down. Especially in the middle of the night.
- In 8 weeks of diaper changing, I have not changed a single diaper that has not had poop in it. Not. A. Single. One.
I love this little boy. I can truly say that, because he has not been easy. I still don't feel like I know what to do with him a lot of times. He is very fussy, and has required a lot of patience. Mainly if he is awake, he doesn't want to be put down, he wants me to hold him all the time. Usually I can do this, but with three other kids, you can imagine the conflicts. Still, he is so cuddly, and having his little body resting on mine, his little sighs in my ear, his little eyes looking at mine, his little face snuggled in my neck, make it all worth it.
Remind me of that tomorrow.
5 comments:
Well, as hard as it seems, you also sound very optimistic. I am glad that the good outweighs the bad. Good luck with him and the three others. At least two are at school?
Before I saw this post I thought you were a saint with those four kids so close together. After this post, I know you are! Cooper was the same kind of baby and thinking about more gives me anxiety :). I finally did figure out his milk allergy and I am pretty sure he also had reflux. You seem to be staying positive. Hoping things get better :)
Sorry Sam is difficult. Truman was really fussy too. He didn't sleep through the night until he was 9 months old. He spit up almost every time I fed him. The doctor thought this was no big deal. Good Luck! I agree with you, it is so worth it when they snuggle up to you.
Ok I totally had to laugh at his weight! Emerson is 15lbs at 8 weeeks!!!!!! My doctor was like, "Wow he is HUGE!"
I hear ya on the 4 kids thing, not easy!
With my 6th only being one week older than your Samual, I feel MUCH of your pain and stress. I too am LOVING the snuggles, but cannot be with her every second because of my other 5's needs. I too have had 2 babies that required ME, all the time and as much as I look back and am thankful, it was hard to be back than because of how frazzled I felt. Give yourself LOTS of grace... My 2nd and 3rd didn't sleep through the night until they were 2 and 3 yrs old, sometimes it happens, but you find a new "normal" and life goes on. Keep counting your blessings and looking for the positives because they ultimately win out and are remembered over any of the trials you will someday look back and laugh/smile at. Love you, Momma!
Heather (Boyle)
Post a Comment