She is also taking a giant lead on the race for my most difficult toddler. It's been one HECK of a week.
MONDAY: Carlie was out helping Daddy wash the car. Adam noticed she was gone and asked Lucy and Megan where she was. They told him she had gone inside. About 10 minutes later I came out and asked where she was. Adam told me she had gone inside, and I told him that she hadn't. We started searching her usual places (she's done this before), and Adam found her-- on Germann Rd. For those of you who aren't local, Germann is a 6 lane road, speed limit 45 mph, and there is a little hill. She was on the road, at the bottom of the hill where there is limited visibility. There is a grassy area next to the road where Carlie likes to play, supervised of course. Adam was searching the grass and saw a few cars come to a quick stop, and heard car horns honking. Then he saw her little blonde head pop on the sidewalk from the road. He said he just ran and prayed that she wouldn't go back in the road. When he finally reached her a few cars had stopped and looked like they were going to make sure she found a parent.
It is a tender mercy her life was preserved! If those cars had been distracted, or she had gone further--I can't even think about what would've happened. Lucy and Megan were the most upset, they felt terrible that they told us she was inside when she wasn't. Carlie cried for a minute, told us she didn't like the honking, and then was back to playing and happy 20 minutes later.
TUESDAY: While Meg was at dance I took Carlie to the park so she could get in some good play time. 5 minutes later she tells me she needs to go potty. So we pack up, run to Meg's dance studio and take care of business. She did okay considering, but then ran as we're getting into the car. I packed up Samuel and Megan and chased her down.
FRIDAY: No nap today, spent 30 minutes throwing a fit as I tried to put her in time out for screaming. Threw a fit when daddy told her to go potty and peed all over the floor. Then at bedtime took 40 minutes to go to sleep, kicked, stuck her tongue out, constant talking, anything she could to get me to have a meltdown. The more mad I got, the bigger she smiled.
SATURDAY: New game plan. No yelling, no spanking, no loud talking. She will only be disciplined in a calm voice, and taken to the brown carpet to wait until she is ready to act appropriate. Nap time was great. I sang to her until she fell asleep. Bed time was a nightmare. She waited until Meg fell asleep, then bit Meg to wake her up! Seriously?!? Had a bedtime time out in Daddy's room where she kicked the wall repeatedly until Daddy finally put her back in her own bed.
I am not sure what to do with this one! I'm trying to be patient, I really am! Hopefully this week will be better. If not, she may be part of an experimental toddler exchange program. Until she's 4.
But I sure would miss her singing. . . and her adorable curls. . . and the way she yells mommy when I walk in the room, as she runs to hug me.
6 comments:
I think Carlie and my Andy would be like two peas in a pod. So glad to know someone else is dealing with this toddler craziness!! So glad Carlie is okay. What a scare!!
okay....first, thanks for making me laugh (I"m sorry to laugh..) but it will be funny...someday. And second, you are NOT ALONE!! Tabitha is right there with her!!!!!!!! We can do this!!!
That is so scary! I would seriously have a major melt down if Liam ran away like that! Hang in there!
Remeber how you use to say that Carlie was an angel baby and that she was just the best baby ever. Well me third baby has been that way, angel baby all the way, so calm and content. I just hope he dosn't turn into my crazy child. I have no doubt that you will do great and make it through this stage.
Just a thought - Could it be that she is jealous of baby brother? Remember being told that how old they are in years and how old baby is in months is when they will try your patience the hardest.
Oh I hear ya. I am soooooo sorry. Wish you the best. I think the best thing to do is what you are doing. Trying new things. Good thing they are cute too, huh?
Post a Comment