Thursday, March 3, 2011

a couple makeovers

What is a house full of girls without a few makeovers? This one Carlie did all by herself while I was teaching lessons one day. Usually my girls know the routine while I teach. Watch movies, play games, get approved snacks, color, or read books. But every once in a while I'll get a surprise.


Actually I was impressed that she knew the eye shadow was for her eyes, of course that can only last so long before cheeks and chin need to get involved.

And sweet, beautiful Lucy. Her hair is gorgeous, and LONG. We have to braid in every night to keep the tangles out, and usually she is not too excited about getting it brushed out three times a day! She said she wanted it short so. . .

We cut it. All of it! I think total inches was probably 8-10 inches.
She wanted it at her chin, and I convinced her to keep it at her shoulders, but then. . . well I'm not that great at cutting hair yet, and to get it even it kept getting shorter! And I didn't take into account that wet hair is longer than dry hair. Anyways, she got her wish! I do think I'm getting pretty good at layers, which was my saving grace on this one.
And to keep up with tradition, she woke up in tears the next morning. Missing her long hair, worried what people would think, etc. I explained to her I have felt that way many times after a hair cut. But seriously, that face? We could shave her head and she'd still be beautiful!

Now Meg wants her hair just like Lucy's. We'll see if she gets her wish.

3 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

Love it! I love how you totally sympathized with her about her hair. I mean really who hasn't cried after a hair cut or every hair cut for that matter. She IS beautiful!

Julie Jardine said...

So cute! I love it. We had to cut Breanne's hair recently for all the same reasons. We didn't quite as short though. I would have like it, but she didn't want it that short. You are lucky Lucy wanted it short. Then you wont have to cut it again for a while. And it looks SO cute. I love it. And Carlie is darling. I think that every little kids has to get into makeup at least once. It is part of growing up!

etreiersen said...

Wow, you are brave to cut Lucy's hair. I cut Truman's hair but I will probably never cut Rachel's hair. I will leave girls hair to a professional.