I have loads of pictures to share, but for some reason my computer won't read my SD card! So sorry!
Just a few quick updates. We've had some crazy birthday fun around here. We took Carlie to the zoo for her birthday, we all had a great day. It was our first Saturday in a LONG time we didn't have anything to get home to so we took our time and enjoyed. It was awesome.
Meg's birthday was quick, I was going to squeeze in a birthday breakfast party tomorrow, but as I was making invitations Megan informed me that she did NOT want a breakfast party. A regular princess party, with princess games. I explained that our next two Saturdays we had to be at the show, and so she would have to wait until March for that party. She said that was fine, she would wait. So the party will be the first week in March. I was a little relieved, if we're being completely honest.
Carlie is doing great at potty training. Unfortunately we never have a day we can just stay home and focus on it, that is slowing her down. A few times she has had to go as soon as we leave the house. But we're done with M&Ms, she is just excited to go and wearing big girl panties is a motivation in itself. That is her reward for a dry pull up!
Adam is a dream. Valentine's Day was crazy. We had to be at rehearsal for 5 hours, I barely got to see him and he still got up super early to leave love notes on my mirror, and the girl's mirror, and hearts all down the stairs with our names on them and what he loved about each of us. And for me, a giant chocolate bar. He totally knows how to get me!
Lucy is growing. Every day. This week it has been a struggle, but we are working through it. As I have been gone more, she is getting frustrated faster. She is riding her two-wheeler excellent, doing so well at reading and her piano is coming along as well. We just started a chore chart, which apparently was just what she needed. She folded and put away clothes for about an hour yesterday with no complaints. That was a definite first.
The Music Man has been fun. I'm glad we did it. But seriously, not again. At least not for a REALLY long time. It has been two weeks since I've had a relaxed dinner with my family, other than Sunday, and as much as the bedtime process can be a pain, I miss it! The show will be great, and I'm so proud of Megan for how she's holding up! She gets tired, but on stage lights up, gets in her spot and puts on her show. I cannot believe that she has so much memorized, she knows what to wear and when, where she comes on, and all the songs. I have enjoyed being on stage again, but it's a lot of time. We open tonight, wish us luck!
And today is my dad's birthday. He is a great guy, trust me! He is one of the most generous people I know, and has always put his family first. He is a great example to me of service, hard work, and a genuine concern for those around him. He is such a great Papa, and always seems to have enough energy for one more horsey ride.
WE LOVE YOU PAPA!
No comments:
Post a Comment