Monday, July 19, 2010

where did july go?

This month has been a blur of swimming lessons, morning piano and voice lessons, fitness boot camp at 5:30 am, seminary meetings, and of course the craziness that is keeping a house rolling with 3 under 5. So here's a quick look into our lives.

Carlie: growing like a weed, so cute and so sweet, definitely fitting into the peacemaker role in our family. Except when you try and take her toy without saying please. Then she screams. However, if you ask politely she happily gives you whatever you want. So cute! She got to go into nursery a month early since Adam and I were substituting for Primary quite a bit and she LOVES it! She usually throws a fit on the way and stops when she sees the room and runs to it. She has great leaders in there, and Meg is with her too. She is learning new words everyday; eye, yes, no, please, thank you, bum, daddy, momma, Lucy, Mae Mae, car, nose, hand, puppy, baby, just to name a few.

Megan: We still get a Belle revival just about every day with new words, but always the chorus of "there must be more than this provincial life"! She started swim lessons today which she's been excited about. She also met her preschool teacher today and is very excited about preschool. She's been taking super short naps lately so I've been getting a lot "Megan Mommy time". Meg has been quoting movies lately and loves to read books. My favorite was the other day, she said, "Momma, do you know the funny part on Emporer's New Groove? When the big guy says, Uh! My spinach puffs!" Her impression was awesome!

Lucy: She can't wait for kindergarten to start. She'll be in AM half day if I get my way, but I won't find out for another week and a half. She just finished swim lessons, and did great, but it will still be a while before she is floatie-free. Lucy loves to wear skirts and dresses and tries to find one every day. And thanks to a few friends, all her school clothes were gently used hand-me-downs. We're good with that.

Adam: Is love, love, loving his job. Who wouldn't? He's spending all day studying the gospel. Talk about a dream job. He's been leaving later and coming home earlier, spending more time with the girls and me. In the evenings he is making appointments or assisting at the church, and Sundays are as busy as ever. He's also had opportunities to continue with some of the new converts he loves so much. And occassionally he gets in a night of basketball.

Me: I have been running all the above schedules which should be a full time job in itself. But being amazing, I have miraculously found time to keep the house somewhat in order, read a few books this summer, teach lessons, and work out 4 times a week. I've been attending a fitness boot camp since April and I love it. I have never enjoyed working out-- ever, but this I LOVE! It's at 5:30 am, which I'm not crazy about, but honestly, there's no other time I could do it anyway. So far I've lost 17 inches total, not a ton, but I also haven't done anything to change me eating yet. I'm working on that one. What I do love is how toned my legs are looking, and running up the stairs without panting. I also love that I can do real push ups finally! Anyways, every day I work out and really, really watch what I eat I'm inevitably down 1/2 pound the next day. I just need to do that every day and I'll be good, right?

Tomorrow we all head to Utah for the annual visit. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Cute post. Have fun on your Utah trip. We will be there all next week. I can't wait.

Tiffany said...

Your girls are so adorable... you must be super mom to keep up with all of that and the 5:30 workouts... you are amazing!