We started at the girls' recital. They are in a little singing group that put on a Christmas concert, and it was pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen. Meg's group sang Jolly Old St. Nicholas, and Silent Night. Lucy's group sang Nuttin' for Christmas and Away in a Manger. They both did such a good job! We had fun watching them and then ran to Chick-fil-a for a quick lunch before our next stop.
From Chick-fil-a we ran to the church to set up for a baptism. Adam and the missionaries have been working with this family for a while and we couldn't be happier about the decision for these great kids to be baptized. Adam had the opportunity to baptize three of them, and what a great thing it was to watch! These kids were positively glowing and I couldn't stop smiling when I looked at them. There was such a great spirit in the room. Now, had Meg not decided to throw a tantrum during the talk (and continue to throw one in the hall) it may have been perfect!
After the baptism we went home for a little down time. I put the baby down and finished my Christmas shopping- well almost. I haven't found anything for Adam yet. But still, the shopping was successful!
Then we went to our ward party. They did a great job this year. We did a journey to Bethlehem and travelled through the different rooms of the church to see the shepherds (young men and leaders), the wise men (our bishopric) and finally Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus (a couple with the cutest, tiniest little baby). It was just beautiful, when we reached the baby, the girls just froze. They had him on all white, sleeping peacefully. It was great to take a minute and realize how Christ really came to the earth and what a miracle it really was. Our journey then led us to a ham dinner that was fabulous, making it a full day of no cooking! Merry Christmas to me!
Then we met the big guy, and Meg shows us her true colors on days of no napping. But this Santa was great, he took his time, let us have pictures, and talked to each of the kids.
Then we came home with a huge ham and a bag of potatoes. Adam spent most of the party cutting all the ham so they figured he earned it! The kids barely even made it to their beds before the passed out. Adam and I tried to stay up and have a date, but we both fell asleep too! I think that still counts as a great day!
6 comments:
SOOOOOOO CUTE!!
I love their group photo in their cute outfits!! Ant ofcourse the one with santa!
Merry Christmas
Wasn't that the best Santa?? Yes, your hubby definately earned that ham. Awesome post!
Those are the cutest costumes! That looks like a really fun group. My goodness your kids are cute! I'm glad you had such a great day. Looks like a wonderful day!
So fun! Will you send me those pics. when you get a chance?
timshill@cox.net
That definitely does sound like one full day but lots of happy memories!! We hope your family has a very Merry Christmas!! P.S. Please start spreading the word that Bishop and Sister Hall are having a 51st ward reunion at their house this summer!! I know you're far away but maybe it will be on your way through during your travels!!
Those Christmas costumes are ADORABLE!!! They are all so cute! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas! By the way... I love reading your blog!
Post a Comment