First of all, I had a recital with all of my students. I now have 12 piano students, and 3 voice students. Here they all are, minus one who ran to a soccer game. I love these kids, they are all uniquely talented and it has been so fun to teach them. Many have asked how I make this work with my own kids, and honestly I feel very blessed. It's working right now because none of my kids are in school, I start lessons at 3:30 and by that time they are a little sick of me and ready for some new faces! It works out well, most of my students come in twos with a sibling, one plays with the girls while the other has a lesson. Sometimes the parents stay to play with the girls as well. It works even better if I put out a board game, play dough or coloring books. The baby naps for all or part of the lessons. My kids know the routine now and are very cooperative, especially if they get to "help" by putting a stamp on completed songs. I don't know how it will work next year when Lucy is in kindergarten, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
a few more things
We had a few special events happen in November that I haven't had time to document yet.
First of all, I had a recital with all of my students. I now have 12 piano students, and 3 voice students. Here they all are, minus one who ran to a soccer game. I love these kids, they are all uniquely talented and it has been so fun to teach them. Many have asked how I make this work with my own kids, and honestly I feel very blessed. It's working right now because none of my kids are in school, I start lessons at 3:30 and by that time they are a little sick of me and ready for some new faces! It works out well, most of my students come in twos with a sibling, one plays with the girls while the other has a lesson. Sometimes the parents stay to play with the girls as well. It works even better if I put out a board game, play dough or coloring books. The baby naps for all or part of the lessons. My kids know the routine now and are very cooperative, especially if they get to "help" by putting a stamp on completed songs. I don't know how it will work next year when Lucy is in kindergarten, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Next, Meg got her first hair cut. This is my friend Kelly, who I love, and Meg loves, but for some reason she was not excited about the hair cut! She was excited all week, and then when we got there got really shy.
First of all, I had a recital with all of my students. I now have 12 piano students, and 3 voice students. Here they all are, minus one who ran to a soccer game. I love these kids, they are all uniquely talented and it has been so fun to teach them. Many have asked how I make this work with my own kids, and honestly I feel very blessed. It's working right now because none of my kids are in school, I start lessons at 3:30 and by that time they are a little sick of me and ready for some new faces! It works out well, most of my students come in twos with a sibling, one plays with the girls while the other has a lesson. Sometimes the parents stay to play with the girls as well. It works even better if I put out a board game, play dough or coloring books. The baby naps for all or part of the lessons. My kids know the routine now and are very cooperative, especially if they get to "help" by putting a stamp on completed songs. I don't know how it will work next year when Lucy is in kindergarten, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i could have been your student if i were closer to you.You are doing a great job with 15 kids(plus ur girls)!!i dont know how you do it.
Post a Comment