Here is our beautiful temple. When it was announced 4 years ago, we were so excited. When they announced the site and we realized it was about 5 minutes away, we were ecstatic. When they announced the open house, and dedication date we were beyond thrilled. When I was asked to sing in the dedication choir, I couldn't contain my joy! This has been such a blessing to watch and be a part of such a special building.
My choir was the one to sing at the cornerstone ceremony which is open to the public. It began at 9:00 am, but I had to be there at 6:00 am and since we are down to one car everybody came along! These kids were a mixture of tired and excitement. While I rehearsed Adam kept them busy while enjoying the beautiful temple grounds.
Carlie right up front! Waiting to see the prophet!
Our choir rehearsing before the event. The night before was so wet and flooding so we were very grateful for the beautiful weather. Our choir sang "On This Day of Joy and Gladness" and "Now Let Us Rejoice". Our choir director was amazing and I was so blessed to be able to join these very talented people. They wanted all the stakes in our temple district to be represented in a choir, our choir represented 11 stakes. If you do the math, that equaled about 5 people per stake. Again, very blessed to be a part of this special choir. As soon as the dedication date was set I started praying that I would be able to sing for the dedication. Heavenly Father answers prayers!
Our family! The kids were actually featured in a LDS Newsroom article, but I can't find the link anymore! We were told that President Monson would come out, and that we would sing as he was coming out. Then he would do the mortar, and we would sing as he was leaving. But instead he turned, stopped, and listened as we finished our song. When we were done he told us, "If any of you don't believe in prayer, I hope you changed your mind today." He reminded us of the beautiful weather we had in contrast to the night before of terrible storms. It was such a great thing to be a part of and a wonderful spirit was felt.







No comments:
Post a Comment