Monday, November 4, 2013

a pirate says arrrr

Here they are!  This year's Halloween fun!  

 For the last 3 years our kids have insisted on a family themed costume for everyone.  It started with our superheros, then last year again with birds, and this year we became pirates!  I love that the girls want to dress up as a family, but it does typically take a little extra planning.
 Carlie, Samuel and I joined her preschool at the pumpkin patch and had a great time!  Samuel loved being able to run around this year--stroller free!  Carlie and her friend Liana loved spending time together, despite this first picture.


 Here we are!  I bought Adam and Lucy's costumes, then used them as examples to make Samuel, Megan, and Carlie's.  Samuel's pants turned out so cute!  It was a little time consuming, but I was able to pull it off anyway.  My costume was made from my closet!  I wish pirate hair was in every day, frizzy is definitely my thing.
 We joined Seth and Caroline for pumpkin carving this year and the kids had a great time!  We were late getting our pumpkins, so all they had left were giant deformed ones.  But we made it work.  Carlie's has a mustache, she's a little obsessed right now.


Cutie pirates!  They have already started talking about next year!

No comments: