Wednesday, July 25, 2012

birthday boy

The Birthday Boy!  I'm only a week late in his birthday post, but he has assured me he takes no offense.  

I love, love, LOVE this boy.  Everyone told me I would love it, but I was still terrified.  His first year has been so much fun, and he is everything everyone told me he would be.  I'd heard that little boys LOVE their mommas, and since day one he looked at me different than the girls did.  He is very different than the girls, like he already laughs at farting noises and is fascinated with dirt, rocks and mud.  

Here he is at birthday party #1, in Seattle with Aunt Trisha's famous carrot cake, sharing the party with cousin Aubrey.

And the presents. . . 
 Loving the cake. . . 

 Wait-- are you telling me there's vegetables in this cake?
 Shortly after the first party, he started showing off his walking skills!  Woot!
 Birthday party #2, on the big day with a birthday pancake and a few presents. . . 

 And birthday party #3, more presents, more cake and more family.
The before. . .
 and the after. . . I love his satisfied look!  

This sweet boy has accomplished much in one year of life.  Here are a few of the major ones:
  • Pooped in every single diaper (NOT KIDDING) for his first 3 months of life.  Every. Single. One.
  • Been in two live stage productions, one in the womb, one out
  • Crawled on hands and knees at 7 months old
  • Managed to develop a love for apples, yet still has no teeth
  • Contracted and recovered from 3 ear infections
  • Made more friends than I have in my entire life
  • Captured the hearts of three gorgeous girls who can't get enough of him
  • Makes his mom and dad smile every day


Happy Birthday Super Sam!

No comments: