Monday, July 25, 2011

they say it's your birthday

There's someone I'd like you to meet. . .


This is Samuel Elijah Jardine. He's new here. And we really like him. A lot.

He was born July 18th at 6:04 pm. He weighed 8 lbs. and 1 oz. and was 21 inches long.

His weight surprised us all! We all expected a 9 pounder, even after he came out and we saw him, we all agreed he looked like a big guy. He just carries his weight well I guess.

The c-section was without complications which was great. It felt longer this time, I felt like they were working on me forever before they brought in Adam, but Adam said they actually brought him in sooner than usual. The "after" process felt longer too. With a c-section they take the baby, let me see him for a minute, then baby and daddy leave while they finish up with me. But I was so glad to finally see him.

The proud daddy, all ready in his costume for the big event.

The girls had a great evening with Grandma and Papa, who took them to Chik-fil-a, their favorite restaurant. Afterwards they came to meet the new little guy.

These little mommies couldn't wait to get their hands on our handsome man.

Have you seen a happier bunch of girls?

This one couldn't get enough of Baby Samuel either. She got pretty nervous anytime we put him in his bed.

Getting some loves from the cousins.

With Uncle Seth.
And a very excited daddy.



Here's what we know about Samuel so far:

He is a great sleeper--during the day. So far cluster feeding is nightly from 9pm-2am.

He HATES having his diaper changed. That is when we get to hear those lungs.

He is a good nurser, so far no bottles since we've been home! Yay!

He has a calm temprament and sleeps through loud noises--an excellent quality in a 4th child.

He has more hair than the girls had, and it is dark.


I can't wait to really get to know this little man. I'm finding myself more protective of him than I was with the girls. I'm totally embracing the time I have to just rest with him, that was key with my recovery after Carlie. So far I'm feeling good.


The girls just love this little guy. They can't get enough of him. I love it. I know things will get more crazy, but for now we're taking one day at a time and it's going to be great.

9 comments:

etreiersen said...

I have been waiting for this post. I have been excited to see pictures of the new little guy. That second picture, oh my word, adorable!!! I hope recover quickly and enjoy your help while you have it.

I love the name Samuel. As Eric already told you that is what we were planning on naming our next boy.

Can't wait to see more pictures of that cute boy and the 3 beautiful girls of yours :)

Kristin said...

So excited for you guys!! Congratulations on your handsome little man.

Holly, Jacob, Liberty, Avery and Bristol said...

He is so sweet. Jake is so jealous of you guys having a boy. Maybe we'll follow in your footsteps, at least we have so far with the three girls part. Congratulations, your family is so beautiful.

a farmers wife and her real life said...

happy birthday samuel! and congrats you guys - he's precious!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

Yay for little boys!!!! CONGRATS!!!

Anthony and Erin Mills said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! He is adorable! I can't wait to meet him! Make sure to let us know when his blessing is and we will do our best to be there!

Aaron & Jayme said...

YAY for little boys!! Can't wait to get our little men together!

Sarah said...

Welcome to the world little one! You are so blessed to be born into such a wonderful family.

Julie Jardine said...

He's darling! I love the pics with his older sisters! What an amazing family.