Tuesday, July 5, 2011

13 days

That's right, 13 days until baby boy makes his debut. How am I feeling? Pretty good, if you ask me in public. It's just easier that way. If we're at my house, I'll tell you the truth: I'm pretty miserable. My feet are so swollen I get lines from my flip flops, and because they are so gross I won't wear capris, that's just mean. So I'm sporting long pants and it was 119 degrees on Saturday. ONE HUNDRED and NINETEEN!

I have so much I want to get done, and as soon as I get started and active I have contractions, or my feet start to throb or I just get tired! No guesses so far on how big baby will be, but I keep having dreams that my belly grows even more while I sleep. Or I have dreams about contractions, and wake up actually having them. No fun.

The good news? My kids are troopers. Especially Lucy who is not a home-body, she wants to be out and active every day, but she is being very understanding about the fact that I just can't do much right now. And she is a huge help to the girls, she has even fed them lunch a few times. Also, I managed to get my high chair recovered, and I LOVE IT! Plus the diaper bag is packed-- my brand new, custom made, beautiful, overpriced diaper bag that is. I'm a little in love with that too. I have a new car seat (well, new to us) and a car seat cover, most of my thank you cards done (but not handed out yet), and high hopes about the laundry today.

And yes, I do wish July 18th would get here a little quicker. Until then, we're going to embrace all the girls only time we can!

4 comments:

Julie Jardine said...

I swear...time flies, except for the last few months of pregnancy. Ugh.... Hang in there. When will you ever have an excuse just to lay around? So take advantage of it, and don't feel guilty. It's like; "What did you do today?" "Oh, I grew a lung. Yeah, and maybe some kidneys were developing...what did you do?" See, laundry doesn't seem that amazing when compared to the job of growing people! Wish I were there to help more! Glad Lucy is helping so much! We love you guys!

etreiersen said...

I liked your other sister-in-law's comment about growing people. Very funny, but true at the same time. Hang in there. We miss you guys. can't wait to see pictures of our new nephew!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Christine... I am right there with you! Only 4 days to go, weather has perked up the last few days, I'm not showing my veined legs off, I still have SO much to do, and my husband has to leave for 15 days of out of state military training 4 days after birth. Still piecing together what will happen while he is gone and hoping this little girl decides to make her debute a day or two early. I was struggling through laundry today and I still need to pack, find a new car seat since mine has seated my last 3 babies and hasn't weathered so well after the last. As sad as it makes me to hear of all of your discomforts, it helps to know that I am not the only one feeling this way right now. Thanks for sharing and I will be praying for you over the next couple weeks! Love you!

Heather (Boyle)

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad (sorry) to know that everyone felt/feels the same way I did when prego with number 4. it's hard! so exicted he's nearly here!!!! And I felt so bad when so much was needed/expected of tally... but it's okay! It helps us all grow :) can't wait to see this cutie!