We are still happy that we are staying here. It feels better and better every day. Adam had his first full day on the job today-- loved it, by the way. And tomorrow we head up to a "New Personnel Training" in Salt Lake City. We will be leaving the kids, again and get to stay in a hotel, visit some family and friends, and spend an entire day with the other new hires, and some of the CES administrators. I, personally, am totally excited. But it kind of snuck up on me, so I haven't even packed yet.
So, our stake did some changes on Sunday. We had a special meeting combined with another ward, so we kind of figured they were shifting things around. I was really, really hoping we would stay with our bishop, and so many of the new converts we've been working with-- and keep our callings, because our choir was on a roll, and Adam was just doing so great being ward mission leader. But change is good.
We ended up being organized into a brand new ward. The stake president outlined the new boundaries and asked all who were in the new ward to stand. I immediately started scoping out the choir members-- then realized, with a new ward comes an automatic release. But our Bishop stayed, and 4 out of 6 of the families we've become so close to. As far as Adam-- he was called to be the Assistant Executive Secretary. Now usually a calling like that gets some advance notice, a visit with a member of the stake presidency, or a high councilman. But surprise! We got none of those things this time! When they called Adam's name, I wasn't sure what to think-- did he seriously not tell me? don't they usually ask for spousal support? when were we apart that he could've snuck off to a meeting? But then I saw him looking as surprised as I was feeling, and knew that something must have slipped through the cracks. They were pretty busy, organizing four new bishoprics, so it is understandable.
We have friends that we will miss seeing every week, but luckily those friendships are already established and should be easy to continue. But change is good. And this particular change feels right, and the timing seems to have been planned out far better than any of us could have done. . . if you know what I mean.
1 comment:
Wow, you really do have a lot of changes right now. But it sounds like you have a really healthy attitude about it all. You're both so wonderful... I'm so glad we're related! :) Have fun in Utah!!
Post a Comment