Tuesday, May 4, 2010

change of plans

I'm struggling to get this out there. Tempted to blurt out more good news, but overwhelmed at the opportunity to testify again that God is a God of miracles. I know that our trials in comparison to many have been small, but they have at times seemed impossible. Only two short years ago we said goodbye to Adam's dream of being a seminary teacher, and yet here we are. Then we worked for a year, scrimped and saved knowing that the odds of being hired were slim. But we witnessed another miracle. Then we were told there was no way we could stay in our home, that we would have to move. And once again. . .


We got the call yesterday to take our house off the market, because miraculously they have found us a job here. We get to stay in our home, our ward, with our friends. I was laughing all day yesterday, I couldn't believe it. The Lord is so good to us. We would've been happy to just have a job. We would've been okay with a move, but this is better. And we're so grateful.


Howard W. Hunter described in a talk the miracle of Christ turning water into wine, and then explained how compared to the actual creation of the grape on the vine, the wine was the lesser miracle. He expressed how amazing it is to see someone deaf regain their hearing, but isn't it more amazing that a combination of skin and nerves and bones allows us to hear in the first place? He then said this: "Once we start to recognize the many miraculous and blessed manifestations of God and Christ in our lives- the everyday variety as well as the restored sight to the blind and the restored hearing to the deaf- we may be truly bewildered at the unexplainable principles and processes that bring about such wonders." (The God that Doest Wonders, Ensign, May1989)

What a blessing. What a merciful God we have. What miracles did you witness today?

5 comments:

etreiersen said...

What a HUGE blessing for you guys. How nice to not have to worry about trying to sell your house right now.

Ben and Linds said...

This is so WONDERFUL!!! I am so glad for you!!! Congrats to you both!!!

Julie Jardine said...

Miracles.....Healthy babies.

Congrats guys! We were hoping you would move closer, but this is so much better for you. What an amazing year it has been for you. How great!

KatobanBlessings said...

This is great news...thanks for sharing...

6jardines said...

I just wanted to say how honored I am that you have Sweet Caroline playing on your blog........:)