Tuesday, February 9, 2010

back up plan

As April continues to approach you might think we're getting nervous. But don't worry we have a back up plan. A few actually, and they're solid. SOLID. They came over email so they have to be legit right? Check out a couple of the gems we've recieved over the last few weeks:

Hello.
Our company is pleased to offer you Finance position.
The position is part-time, home-based, and no relocation is required from successful candidates.

The position of offer is seen as a springboard to further full-time employment.
Duties:
- Reception of client’s payments

- Making period reporting
- Supporting other members of the team when required
For more information, please reply to : [email]


Wow. It is really hard to pick out my favorite part of this "offer". Maybe that they can offer us a job without even acknowledging our name. That is trust my friends. Or maybe it's all the good news-- part-time, home-based, no relocation, easy tasks, the word "springboard"- it's all so good, I just can't pick.

This one I got today. Again, it's pretty solid:

FROM THE DESK OF DR. JUBRILL LAWAL.SECRETARY, FOREIGN PAYMENT AND AUDIT DEPT.FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE , NIGERIA .

Attn Beneficiary; Christine Jardine Adam. Due to the mishap that occurred during the re-programming of our payment database, a new payment schedule has been published and your funds will be ready for transfer soon. I am in receipt of your letter to direct your payment to favour of Mr. Johnson Jack (Your Financial Director) who you have mandated to receive your funds on your behalf.

Mr. Jack has delivered the letter from you and a Power of Attorney to sign off your fund in accordance to your inquiry made. He also presented documents with an application for us to endorse his name as the new beneficiary of your fund. We need you to re-confirm that Mr. Johnson Jack is your employee and his application was authorized by you. Below is the bank account presented. Bank Name ;Idaho Central Credit Union P. o. Box 2469 Pocatello , Idaho 83206 USA . Swift code/IBAN;[] Routing number;[] Account Number;[] Beneficiary ; Johnson Jack.

Due to the rate of scam, we need your confirmation before this office will acknowledge Mr. Johnson Jack's application and send signal to the bank for his immediate payment. Thanks for your anticipated co-operation.

Best Regards,
DR. JUBRILL LAWAL.SECRETARY, FOREIGN PAYMENT AND AUDIT DEPT.FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE , NIGERIA .


Holy cow! I don't want Mr. Johnson Jack to get my money, I better get a hold of this Foreign Payment and Audit Dept. and give them MY account as fast as I can!

Now, what's my favorite here. . . again, hard to pick. Is it that they think my name is Christine Jardine Adam? Or that they gave me an actual account number (I took it out in case it actually belongs someone) to make them seem legit? Maybe that it came from Nigeria- why are they always from Nigeria? Or the fact that they acknowledge the "rate of scam" to help me have confidence in them.

I am half tempted to email these guys a fake outrage without disclosing any actual information, continue refering to myself as Mrs. Adam, and just see what they say. But I understand that activates my email on the "gullible" list and they may never stop!

Needless to say, we're still hoping option #1 works out.

5 comments:

Julie Jardine said...

What the heck!!! That is kinda scary that they even have that much information! I hope nothing bad happens here...be really careful! I know lot's of poeple who loose way more than just some money (i.e...their identity!) with stuff like this!

And ofcourse...we're all still hoping for the seminary thing!!!

Cilka said...

Sounds Awesome!!! Where do I sign up? Maybe you could send Mr. Jack my account number too! ;)

KatobanBlessings said...

Wow! this is hard to comment on..it just amazes me that people live each day doing those kinds of things. I dont know why they have to be from Nogeria!!

Shrek Font said...

your daughters looks so cute ^^!

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

my dad replyed to one of those e-mails asking for money..he said "sure, send me your fax number and I'll fax it right over" hehe!