Carlie is the most cuddly baby right now. She frequently interrupts me from chores or projects with her hands raised smushing her little face and grunting at me. We've been trying to teach her basic sign language, please and thank you, because she has started SCREAMING when she wants something. She also screams if someone takes something from her. Or if she is being ignored. We're rethinking the angel baby nickname.
Megan can't stop singing. I couldn't be happier. She is always singing and dancing and pretending to be a princess/fairy/mermaid or a combination of the three. And she usually dies in the process. She always comes up to me and says, "Mom, pretend I was the princess fairy and I died," and then she promptly falls down. Not sure what I'm supposed to do with this one. Luckily Lucy is usually around to bring her back to life.
Lucy is getting very excited for kindergarten. I'm trying to decide which school to put her in because I just keep hearing different things from different people. She still loves coloring and reading and we've started playing "Name That Tune" which seems to be her new favorite game. I like it because they have to listen which gives me a quick minute of quiet time.
As for me I have been playing wedding planner for a sister who is getting married tomorrow and baptized next week. This is seriously the neatest family, and I have loved getting to know them and being able to help them. Our ward is all pulling together volunteering their skills, decorations, time, energy and money to help this family feel welcome. I have gotten so many phone calls and emails this week of people offering to help and it has been so great! Now we just have to make sure everything happens as planned tomorrow.
Adam is still working hard managing seminary lessons every night and morning, his second job at Van Guard, a booming ward missionary schedule (we keep getting new investigators!) and church basketball which he is playing and reffing. Tomorrow his cousin will be in Tucson so he's taking the girls on a little trip while I get everything organized for the wedding. It should be fun for everyone.
My brother and his wife moved in in December and we have enjoyed the help with the girls, and the dishes. It's been very nice to be able to pick up and run to the temple, or out to the store kid free. I've left Carlie several times napping since Neal has been home and that is great!
Well there's the update. Hopefully next post will be a little more eventful. But not like broken bone or hospital visit eventful. Like, early hire, major raise or genius child eventful. We'll see.
1 comment:
That is fun! I love watching my kids play pretend! And I think most babies carlie's age scream. But good idea with the sign language.
Your girls are so cute! We miss you! Hopefully we will see you all soon!
Post a Comment