Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stories

I have a free minute this morning (well, relatively, the girls are occupying themselves for a minute) I thought I would record some of Lucy's stories. She is such a talker and is always coming up with cute things.

When we were on vacation we didn't make it to church until 1:00 and happened to go into a single's ward with my mom and dad, Adam and I and the girls. It was a little awkward to say the least. Anytime the girls made a noise the entire congregation started looking around to see who brought the kid into church! The girls did stay pretty quiet, until the end of Sacrament when Lucy asked about nursery. I told her this church didn't have a nursery and that's when the fit started. Poor thing, I think her little testimony was pretty shaken. Still I thought it was a great tribute to the nursery program and her great teachers!

Last night we had a Family Home Evening on the Plan of Salvation. We talked about how we all make mistakes and asked Lucy, does daddy make mistakes? Does mommy? She smiled and said "YES!" Then we asked Lucy do Grandma and Papa make mistakes? She immediately shook her head and said "no" in a very serious tone. We had to explain to her that even though they're really hard to see, even Grandma and Papa make mistakes sometimes. This may have been another testimony shaker for her, but again shows how much she LOVES her Grandmas and Papas.

4 comments:

Shayla said...

Poor kid!! Why must you show her the truth so early in life?

Chad said...

Hi Christine!!11 your girls are too cute!!! cant wait to see you again in a couple of days!! take care and please give my love to Ad and the girls.
Love jan

nicole said...

How cute! I love what kids come up with at these ages! They're so innocent and trusting. By the way, say hello to everyone for us at the wedding! We're so excited for David!! My mom will be there to represent our family... but I sure wish we could go. I hope you guys have another great trip!:)

Sarah said...

What a doll! And by the way, you are such a good example of taking your kids to church no matter what and teaching them the gospel in your home.