Thursday, May 30, 2013

the graduates

 We had some fun graduation celebrations around here!  Carlie graduated from her first year of pre-school, next year will be doing a pre-K kindergarten prep class.  She is super excited for more Miss Debbie, and harder preschool!
 Lovely Miss Debbie, she taught Megan for two years and now Carlie.  If she keeps going she will have a Jardine for 6 years strait!  This year we heard every day about something Carlie had learned followed by, "Miss Debbie taught me that."  My favorite was when they learned about Spring.

"Mom, do you know today is the fiwst day of spwing?  The fwowers are bwooooooommmmming, the gwass is gweeeeeennnn, the animals are having babies.... Miss Debbie taught me that."

Our Megan graduated from Kindergarten.  I have some great stories about this one. . . .
 Her kindergarten class consists of 6 girls and 14 boys.  And apparently Megan is quite the catch, I knew that already of course, just look at her!  But I can't believe how many parents have come and talked to me about Megan!  Parents of boys, who come home and talk about my sweetheart!

In the above picture, this boy's grandpa came up to me and said, "Is this Megan?!?!"  I smiled and said, "yes, this is my Megan."  He grabbed his camera and yelled to the family (about 9 of them), "This is Megan!  Let's get a picture of Megan with D!"  The family excitedly smiled and they took a picture.  I was a little surprised since I've never seen Megan really interact with this boy.  The grandpa then said, "D talks about Megan ALL THE TIME!  Like every day, we hear a story about Megan.  He just loves Megan!"
 The class presented a few songs, and had some treats after.
 Megan and her twin, Hayden.  These two had play dates about twice a week, don't they look like twins?  She was invited to Hayden's birthday, and when we arrived his mom asked, "Is she going to be ok being the only girl here?"  She had a great time, and apparently can hold her own in a house full of boys!

Another mom told me, at a birthday party, that he only wanted to invite Megan to his party because she was "the nicest girl in school".

Congrats girls!  Next year I'll have two in full day school and one in pre-k!  Wild!

1 comment:

etreiersen said...

Rachel was looking at your blog with me and said "that is a good family picture of hugging" You guys looks so cute. I love the the navy blue and yellow outfits.

We are excited to see you guys in a couple of months:)