Thursday, August 23, 2012

first day of school

Lucy started 2nd grade with Mrs. Schmidt, and Megan started Kindergarten with Mrs. Haddock.  These ladies already seem like a ton of fun and the girls love going to school.  They picked out their own outfits and I really wanted to veto because they looked so darn grown up!  

 Meg is doing half day--which we fought over all last year.  She was DYING to do full day, but I'm not ready for that yet!  Maybe Carlie will be different, but I love having a year to say goodbye to them all day!  And Megan and Carlie's relationship needs another year of simmering.  I have already seen a huge improvement so I'm glad they get to spend more time together.
Meg loved her first day, but when I came to pick her up she couldn't get to the car fast enough.  Once we got there I asked her what was wrong and she started bawling!  I hugged her and tried to figure out what happened.  She said nothing happened, she loved her teacher, met new friends, had fun -- "I just missed you so much momma!"  Melted my heart!  I love that little Meg!

No comments: