Last week Megan's preschool teacher informed me that she has an admirer. He insists on sitting by Megan every day, helps her on the slide, tells her he loves her and asked her to marry him! Good grief! I asked Meg about him the other day:
Me: So, Meg, did Mason tell you he loved you today?
Meg: Yup.
Me: What did you say?
Meg: I said I loved him too.
Me: Oh yeah? What do you like about him?
Meg: He has TWO SHOVELS. And sand toys. And sand. In his backyard.
Alright, clearly Meg is going with the "marry-for-money" route.
Then Lucy comes home today with big news via her friend Kayla, who does most of the talking when they're together. Kayla informs me her and Lucy got boyfriends today. Nothing to be alarmed about, but a definite clarification is needed.
Me: So. . . boyfriends huh? Like, what kind of boyfriends? How do you know these boys, where did you meet them, what are their intentions?
Lucy: MooOOoooMmmmmm! We just became friends with them right at the end of school!
Phew. I can handle this. I think. But don't you think a marriage proposal and a new boyfriend within the first month of school is a little much?
That wicked witch in Rapunzel may have been on to something. . .
3 comments:
Hahaha I love your take on things! Precious girls for sure!
Your girls are beautiful. Truly.
If only, if only locking them up could work...
Funny! Love this post!
Did I ever tell you guys what we taught to Celeste when she was 2 or 3?
2nd verse to Families can be Together Forever:
While I am in my early years, I'll prepare most carefully, so I can marry in God's temple, WHEN I TURN 40. Chorus...
Haha! To this day she still sings it like that. She had her primary teacher rolling when Celeste corrected her in class.
You do have some beauties there!!
Post a Comment